I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Welcome to the Golf Aficionado

Like many people, I began watching golf during the major championships, but over time it has developed into much more of a passion.  This blog is an extension of that passion. 

Merriam-Webster defines "Aficionado" as "a person who likes, knows about, and appreciates a usually fervently pursued interest or activity."

After having followed golf  "fervently" for at least the better part of the last 5 years, my palate for enjoyable golf entertainment has become much more diverse.  Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy all 4 Major Championships.  I've skipped Easter dinner to watch the Angel Cabrerra playoff victory at Augusta, announced that my only fathers day request is to watch the final round of the U.S. Open uninterrupted for all future father's days, awaken every morning of the Open Championship as early as ESPN or TNT will allow me, and somewhat anticlimactically followed "Glory's Last Shot" until the bitter end.

What I have found that I enjoy just as much, if not sometimes more, is the journey that golfers take to reach the ultimate heights of the golf profession.  For every Major Champion golfer, there is a unique story and path taken to reach that pinnacle.  I intend to spend the majority of my time focusing on the journey; whether it be the PGA Tour Qualifying School (Q School), the Nationwide Tour or even lesser known tours such as the NGA Hooters Tour and the EGolf Tour. 

If you are reading this and don't know the difference between finishing 125th or 126th on the PGA Tour Money list, or 150th and 151st, then hopefully you will stick around long enough to expand your golfing palate to something more than just the casual fan.  If you are the type of fan that knows what finishing 25th/60th/100th on the Nationwide Tour means and understands the importance of being in the next 50 after the top 25 and ties of the final stage of Q School, then you are most likely a kindred spirit and hopefully will find this entertaining.

Either Way....Thanks for visiting and come back often!

No comments:

Post a Comment