Here are some final round notes:
- For much of the front nine, McIlroy played the role that Woods played in his prime of his career by sinking a number of medium-range par putts.
- Woods has shown signs of breaking out of his PGA TOUR drought at various points, but never like this on a final round Sunday with a chance to win. His 62 was the lowest final round on the PGA TOUR this year and the lowest final round of Woods' career.
- Tom Gillis had a career best finish with his tie for second, as did Brian Harman with a T12.
- Dicky Pride had a top-10 in back to back events for the first time in his 18-year PGA TOUR career.
- Jimmy Walker (81) and Ryan Moore (82) each signed for snowmen in the final round.
In the short term, it looks like Doral will see a battle like none before it with Rory, Tiger and Phil all in top form and recent Major winners like Charl Schwartzel and Graeme McDowell performing nicely as well.