I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

HTOC - Final Thoughts

With the research for the Hyundai Tournament of Champions done and less than a day remaining before balls are in the air, here are a few final thoughts.

  • Wind could be a factor, but at least it should be the trade winds. Rain could be a mild factor early in the week, but the clearer the skys the stronger the wind. The greens are said to be fast, leaving players concerned with balls staying in place on the undulating greens in the biggest gusts of wind.
  • My one-and-done pick is Steve Stricker. It's a safe pick with few ramifications later in the season given he will only play 10 events if he's true to his word.
  • I'm also playing a two-and-done, taking Matt Kuchar in that format. I really like Kuch this week, but didn't take him in the one-and-done because there could be another week that suits him later in the year where I can also lean more on form. Plus, it's a bit of a personal hedge.
  • Plenty of smoke has surrounded Ian Poulter's comments this week, but I've decided to hold firm with him in the Golf Channel Group 3 and the Yahoo! C List with Ryan Moore as the backup. I would have been more likely to have subbed him out if this was a full-field event with a cut, but as it stands it's not quite as big of a risk given the no-cut format.
A couple of other order's of business, I'd encourage you to check out the Rotoworld weekly chat with Rob Bolton and Mike Glasscott as another fantasy source. I was able to join them for the preseason chat, but my work schedule prevents me from being a regular co-host. You can find the replays of the HTOC chat here http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/gol/42252/286/live-chat-noon-et and the preseason chat here http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/gol/42191/286/live-chat-1000am-et.

As a final note, several readers have contacted me in regards to advice for the Yahoo! game. I had planned to keep my coverage light this season once the tournament starts because there are so many outlets for round recaps that mine seems a bit redundant. That said, there is a growing request that I share any changes I make in the Yahoo! formant. I would probably prefer to do this via Twitter (@RyanGolfBlogger), but if you aren't on Twitter and want the advice leave a comment below or shoot me an email at thegolfaficionado@gmail.com letting me know that and I can do a brief post of those in this space.

Thanks for all of the comments, emails and Tweets this week. Keep them coming and as always, best of luck!

1 comment:

  1. Keep writing the post-around analysis, fantasy-wise, there isn't that many outlets actually.

    ReplyDelete