I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Humana Challenge - Final Thoughts

With hours to go before tees are in the ground at the Humana Challenge, I'll leave you with a few final thoughts:

  • For starters, my one-and-done and two-and-done picks for the week are the same for the first time all year. I'm trusting in Tim "The Penguin" Clark. He was my two-and-done pick last week and that worked out very well. (My one-and-done of CH3 wasn't too shabby either.) Here's why I'm going with Clark:
    • Two runner-ups in this event.
    • Form is great.
    • The course rotation has changed several times over the years here, but his scoring average at the current three venues is stellar. He'll play PGA West Palmer Course twice and boasts a 66.14 scoring average in seven rounds. PGA West Nicklaus (68 in two rounds) and La Quinta (67 in three rounds) will each be played one time. Plenty of people have gone lower on the Nicklaus Course, but few can match his Palmer average.
    • In 2007, he posted back-to-back runner-ups at the John Deere and the U.S. Bank Championship in Milwaukee, so he is not in uncharted territory.
  • When looking at scoring averages at the three courses, one other name jumped off the page that is intriguing. Lucas Glover has lit up the desert. What's interesting, is that he's struggled on some of the courses that are no longer in the rotation, but demolished the current courses. Palmer (67.8), Nicklaus (68) and La Quinta (67.33) have served as his playground. We have no idea what to expect, as this is  his first start since knee surgery and he has moved from Nike to Taylor Made. I'm not saying invest, but I am saying watch closely. 
  • As I type this, there is one spot remaining in our BuzzDraft private game. Jump in! Last week, we had at least six of our players cash in various formats. Four in our feature game and two that I'm aware of in other formats on the site.
  • I can't remember if it was on Twitter or an email, but I had a reader ask me a question regarding exemptions in majors. Rob Bolton's list on PGATOUR.com is the best I can find http://www.pgatour.com/news/2013/01/01/major-qualifiers.html.
Best of luck to all this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment