So, here we go with a little bit of everything......
Golf Channel game:
- Last week we gave you the picks of Matt Kuchar (T9), Steve Stricker (2), Ian Poulter (T9) and Tommy Gainey (T6). Wish I had DJ in the lineup, but I'll take it.
- As for this week......
- Group 1 - I'm taking Keegan Bradley for a couple of reasons. He finished very high last week, errrr, today and his youth should help him overcome the short turn around. The only member of Group 1 that did not play in the HTOC was K.J. Choi, and though he has a good record at Waialae I trust Bradley more right now. Dustin Johnson is in this group, but do you really think he goes back-to-back? (If he does it's great for my salary cap league!) If Bradley were to back out, I'll likely replace him with Carl Pettersson.
- Group 2 - There are a bunch of good options in this group, but I'm going with Charles Howell III over Brendon de Jonge and Tim Clark. Any of these three would make great picks. John Huh is a tempting thought as well, but I'd rather stay clear of HTOC players due to the very short recovery time they face. If that tournament ends on Monday and was 18 holes per day, the whole strategy could have shifted.
- Group 3 - I'm playing with fire a little, but taking Rory Sabbatini. John Rollins is worth a thought, as well as DL3, Graham DeLaet, George McNeil, Brian Gay and Chad Campbell. There's a reason to take, and as good or better reason to fade any of these guys including Sabo.
- Group 4 - I'm pegging in Richard H. Lee. He missed the cut here last year, but has come a long way as a PGA TOUR golfer in the last 12 months. Steve Marino is a gamble given his great record, but we have no idea regarding his form coming off an injury. Doug LaBelle II is another option.
- Because I have those that are curious, I racked up 207 points and rank 5,081 after the first tournament. That's good for 93rd percentile.
- Due to the crazy schedule of the HTOC, I did not post my changes to the blog, but posted all but one on Twitter. I moved Brandt Snedeker in for Bubba Watson in the A-List for all four rounds. I also moved out Kuchar and in Webb Simpson for the first two round of the HTOC, and then inserted Dustin Johnson in for him in the final round to collect the 20 bonus points for winning.
- A-List - Starting Charles Howell III and having Tim Clark ready on the bench.
- B-List - I grinded hard on this one and ended up with Zach Johnson, Keegan Bradley, David Hearn and Chad Campbell. The first two starting and the last two sitting. I wanted to pick Carl Pettersson, but noticed that he has missed the last three times he played the Sony following an HTOC appearance. In the last two times where he didn't play the HTOC he was top five.
- C-List - Start Matt Every with John Rollins on the bench.
- Not so coincidentally, each of my starters has an early tee time in the first round.
I would encourage anyone who is interested in joining our private BuzzDraft game to do so. If you scroll down the blog, there are instructions on how to do so. The short version is to click on the link to BuzzDraft on the side of this page and register with Promo Code: RotoRyan. Rotoryan is also the password to the private game we are playing. There are currently two spots remaining in a game before a new one rolls over.
Best of luck!