I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Honda Classic - Fantasy

It's time for our weekly dive into fantasy land, with The Honda Classic serving as this week's excuse to test our golf knowledge. One quick note, Jason Day cracked our power rankings yesterday and has since withdrawn from the field.

I'll dive right in.

Yahoo!:

I haven't decided for sure about starters, but will tweet out that info tomorrow night. Reports of heavy wind in the PGA National vicinity are causing my delay. I want to understand the waves (tee time advantages) better before I make any final decision. Current standings: 85th percentile - 1070 points - 15,620 in the standings.

There's a strong field this week, and we are going with the heavy hitters.

A-List - Tiger Woods and Graeme McDowell (I expect Woods to start).
B-List - Fredrik Jacobson, Justin Rose, Louis Oosthuizen and Ernie Els. (Jacobson the likely starter, but not sure on the second).
C-List - Charl Schwartzel and Lee Westwood (Schwartzel the likely starter).

Golf Channel:

Thanks to Matt Kuchar's win at the Match Play, I've gone from bad to average in this game. I'm playing it safe this week to try and creep up a little higher in the rankings. Rank: 10,903 with $4,271,173.

Group 1 - Tiger Woods
Group 2 - Fredrik Jacobson
Group 3 - Harris English
Group 4 - Camilo Villegas

PGA TOUR Game:
Of 45 players, here are our current top 5.

  • Ghin & Juice - 961 points
  • Stink Eye - 934
  • Texas Clowns - 899
  • O'Sullivan's Tribe (not me) - 870
  • Swinging for the 60s - 852
My Rotoworld colleague Ned Brown is sitting in sixth with his Pure Spin team. My RotoRyan team is hanging out in 25th with 363. In 35th place with 273 points is Rotoworld Rob (Rob Bolton). Rob gets an early pass because he joined a week late, but since he also serves as PGATOUR.com's fantasy "expert," we aren't giving him too much slack.

BuzzDraft:
We had one six-man game this week in BuzzDraft. My RotoRyan team took home the top prize and A340Spotter's Weekly 6th place finishers cashed in second. It seems Spotter's reverse psychology worked well. I can't wait to see what his team name is this week.

Format was similar to usual last week, and my winning team featured Rory McIlroy, Lee Westwood, Ian Poulter, Keegan Bradley, Matt Kuchar (cha ching), Martin Kaymer, Robert Garrigus, Jason Day (cha ching), David Lynn and Tim Clark. 

I also heard that our frequent player @DKateeb took home first place in a $20 buy-in 11-man game last week. 

I love to see our players taking home top prizes like that!

We will check back tomorrow with the one and done and two and done picks, as well as any other necessary updates. 

I'd also encourage everyone to check in on the Rotoworld Golf site tomorrow at noon ET for a live chat with my boys Rob Bolton and Mike "Glass" Glasscott. They take pretty much every question they can get to related to fantasy for this week's event. It's a recurring chat. If you miss it, you can go back and read the transcript. You are likely to see several regular BuzzDraft players from this blog posting comments and questions including A340Spotter, KYech and others. Feel free to flood Rob's queue with questions or comments. Just don't get Glass started on his Indiana boy Jeff Overton or Rob will never get him back on track.

Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment