I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Honda Classic - Final Thoughts

First things first, our Yahoo! starters in the first round of The Honda Classic are Tiger, Louis Oosthuizen, Justin Rose and Charl Schwartzel. All are in the morning wave, and I was going to play Tiger and Schwartzel regardless. That made this an easy pick.

My one-and-done this week is Fredrik Jacobson. Simply put, his form and course history are a great match. I almost wavered and went with Graeme McDowell, but I held firm. Probably the clincher for me was the combination of his proximity (4th), strokes gained-putting (2nd) and scrambling (13th).

For my two-and-done, I went with Charl Schwartzel. I took him out of my one-and-done debate because there is a very good chance I will use him in that capacity at Doral next week.

As for the weather, the first two rounds look to be very similar. Highs should be in the low to mid 70s with wind around 11 to 12 MPH both days.

Best of luck this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment