I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Shell Houston Open - Fantasy

Power rankings and previews are behind us, and it's full speed ahead with our Shell Houston Open fantasy games. Before we dive in, I want to address a recent development. BuzzDraft has been purchased by another fantasy-for-money site. It's my understanding that everyone with a BuzzDraft account will receive an email shortly with information for their account with the new site. It's also my understanding that golf is not yet part of the new site, but that could change in time. According to the banner on BuzzDraft,, if you want to go ahead and cash out you will have that option.

While we're on the topic, the final BuzzDraft private game was won by A340Spotter Inc. It's only fitting that Spotter gets his first win and the entire site goes out in a flame of glory! The fine final-round play of Bubba Watson bumped me from first to second.

Onto the rest......

Yahoo!

It was a good week last week. We continued our climb up the leaderboard, rising to 12,356 with 1,768 and in the 88th percentile. Here's how we're looking this week:
  • A-List - Chris Kirk and Phil Mickelson (It was tough leaving McIlroy off the bench.)
  • B-List - Steve Stricker, Hunter Mahan, Keegan Bradley and Dustin Johnson. (Jimmy Walker was the odd man out).
  • C-List - Russell Henley and Jordan Spieth - Going young!

Golf Channel:

As always, my picks are published in the Rotoworld weekly article by my man Glass.

  • Group 1 - Steve Stricker 
  • Group 2 - Cameron Tringale
  • Group 3 - David Hearn (not Mathis as originally published at Rotoworld)
  • Group 4 - Jordan Spieth
PGA TOUR game:

Top five from Bay Hill
  • Stink Eye (881)
  • Super Molinari Bros (856)
  • Bustouts, Team Tiger I, II and III, Case of the Biershenks and Indiana Intimidation (all 824)
Overall top 5
  1. O'Sullivan's Tribe (2892)
  2. Case of the Biershenks (2845)
  3. GHIN & Juice (2660)
  4. Swinging for the Sixties (2614)
  5. Pure Spin (2597)
Due to a schedule conflict tomorrow, I will go ahead and announce my one-and-done and two-and-done picks tonight.

For the one-and-done, I narrowed it down to Keegan Bradley and Chris Kirk. Both are in good form, with Bradley's slightly better. Both are strong statistical fits, with Kirk possibly a little better. Kirk's got the higher finish at this venue, with a T2 in his only start in 2011. I may kick myself for this later, but I'm going with Bradley.

In my two-and-done, I'm going with Mr Top 5, Steve Stricker. He's solid here and his form goes without saying right now. In a way, I'm glad I already used him at Kapalua in the one-and-done or this would have been a really tough call.

Best of luck this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment