- Steve Wheatcroft leads by one at 10-under after Monday Qualifying to start the week.
- Following Wheatcroft, DA Points and Jasons Kokrak at 9-under followed by Brian Davis and Stewart Cink at 7-under lead me to expect a volatile moving day at Redstone on Saturday.
- Bill Haas (-6), Dustin Johnson (-5), Keegan Bradley (-4) and Steve Stricker (-3) all feel like they are one hot Saturday round away from inserting themselves into this story.
- Rory McIlroy shot a 2-under on the day to make the cut by two. The bigger news is that he will play the Valero Texas Open next week.
- Hunter Mahan missed the cut in his title defense.
- Bud Cauley had it going and was 7-under at one point, but suffered a double bogey-double bogey-bogey run that featured multiple water balls to drop to 2-under. That very well could be an indicator of things to come this weekend, especially given the lack of wins on the front page of the leaderboard.
- Other guys like Lee Westwood and Louis Oosthuizen basically just treaded water.
Keeping the Yahoo! lineup same again.