I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tampa Bay Championship - Fantasy Games


With the preview and the power rankings for the Tampa Bay Championship behind us, let’s jump into some games!

We’ll start with Yahoo!

Hopefully you had Tiger Woods at least plugged in on your bench in the event he did what he did. I would say that was the case with most given the minimal gain in the standings I experienced when I plugged him in on Saturday and Sunday.

This week, we are going with these guys. I’ve already adjusted for first-round tee times):

  • A-List – Sergio Garcia (Thursday AM) starting and Jason Dufner (Thursday PM) on the bench
  • B-List – Webb Simpson (Thursday AM), Jim Furyk (Thursday AM), Matt Kuchar (Thursday PM) and Luke Donald (Thursday AM)
  • C-List – Adam Scott (Thursday PM) and Jason Day (Thursday PM)


I realize that I don’t have equal coverage for morning tee times each of the first two rounds. Feel free to check the tee times and sub in should you feel the need to do so. I did notice that the wind looks higher on Thursday, meaning the Thursday AM tee times are likely a premium.

Current stats: 1436 points, ranking 14,401 and 86th percentile.

Golf Channel picks this week (also found at Rotoworld http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/gol/42749/297/florida-swingin):

Group 1 – Webb Simpson
Group 2 – Scott Piercy
Group 3 – Lucas Glover
Group 4 – Jerry Kelly

BuzzDraft:

Congrats to Traj for taking it home with 953.5 points over KYech in second with 923.35. I can’t say for sure, but I don’t remember Traj playing with us before and I certainly don’t remember a win. Welcome and congrats!

Looks like our players got skunked in the feature game. We’ll have to do better this week!

If any new players would like to join, leave a comment below and I’ll help you get set up.

PGATOUR game:

Top five in the season-long standings are:
  1. O’Sullivan’s Tribe (1846)
  2. GHIN & Juice (1833)
  3. Pure Spin (1832)
  4. Swinging for the Sixties (1828)
  5. The horsethieves (1782)


In the weekly standings:
  1. Case of the Biershenks (1086) (He had Woods, Stricker (2), Scott (T3) and Rose (T8). Good grief.
  2. PelicansRule (1011)
  3. Define Statutory (911)
  4. Churbanboy (788)
  5. The horsethieves (788)


I’ll wrap up the week tomorrow with one-and-done and two-and-done picks. Until then, best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment