I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

WGC-Cadillac & Puerto Rico - One-and-done

With the hours counting down before the first tees are in the ground at the WGC-Cadillac Championship and  the Puerto Rico Open, we will nail down our final picks.

For the WGC-Cadillac one-and-done I'm going with Charl Schwartzel. The decision not to play him last week made this week a virtual lock unless he really laid an egg at PGA National. With a T9 on a tough track last week, he did nothing to cause me to erase his name.

My WGC-Cadillac two-and-done pick is Matt Kuchar. Kuch has never finished worse than T8 here in three starts and his form is obvious after a win at the Match Play. I'm a hedger at heart, and I don't feel like either of these guys will miss. Much less both of them.

In Puerto Rico, I'm going a little against what seems to be the popular grain and tabbing Matt Jones as my one-and-done. Jones had the low round in the Honda finale and tied for fifth in Puerto Rico last week. He's also off to a good start. There's plenty of love for Luke Guthrie, Kevin Stadler, Bryce Molder, Patrick Cantlay and others out there. I wouldn't talk you out of any of those, but I like Jones. (There is not a two-and-done in my league for Puerto Rico, but if there was I'd probably go Graham DeLaet.)

Best of luck this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment