I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Masters - Final Thoughts

You've watched the preview shows, read the articles and made most or all of your picks for the 2013 Masters, and now we are less than 12 hours away from the opening tee times! So here are the famous last words.

Weather looks to be a non-factor on the weekend, but storms could potentially interrupt play late in the afternoon / early evening on Thursday. It could also delay the start of play on Friday. That likely means the best draw are those going out in the morning on Thursday.

For my one-and-done this week, I'm plugging in Phil Mickelson. There are a few guys I have penciled in for events at the start of the year. Tiger at Bay Hill was one. Phil at the Masters is another. Rory at Quail Hollow could very well be a third. Phil thinks he's found the perfect club for Augusta with his new 8.5 degree "driver" that's made more like a 3-wood. He's got his putter dialed in, or so he thinks. Plus, Lefty's always a factor here.

In my two-and-done, I considered burning my second Tiger start. I also considered going all-in with Phil. Rory might have made sense as well. Instead, I went against the chalk and took Justin Rose. I love his Masters trend and his current season trend. Hey, Tiger and Phil don't win every year at Augusta.

The other reason for plugging Rose in, is that I'd like to save my second Tiger start for the Memorial, AT&T National at Congressional or maybe TPC Boston. Phil might also prove a prudent play at the TOUR Championship with my second Phil start.

I hope you enjoy the Masters!

No comments:

Post a Comment