I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

RBC Heritage - Final Thoughts

Not much has changed in the last few days regarding the RBC Heritage. Wind will be a factor, but that's not all that unusual at Harbour Town. What most people don't know is that, because of the dense tree line, many of the holes are guarded from the wind if you have a low ball flight. Only the final three holes are completely exposed.

That leads me to go with experience. I'm taking Boo Weekley in my one-and-done and two-and-done and hoping for a top 10. He seemingly always plays well here regardless of current form, and the good news is that his current form is better than usual.

When wind and even rain/thunderstorms are featured in the equation as they are this week, I want to avoid a high-profile burn. While you could make a strong case for Jim Furyk or Jason Dufner or Luke Donald etc, I know I won't miss Boo later in the year and I might miss the others. I also don't want to burn a stud and have him end up on the wrong end of an unpredictable draw.

Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment