With the preview and power rankings for the Valero Texas Open in the rear-view mirror, let’s jump into some games.
One note, it looks like Thursday will be the windiest day of the week, so it may be worth investing more heavily in Thursday early tee times. At the very least, don’t short yourself on the Thursday AMs.
We continued our voyage from the depths to improve to 11,369 with 1922 points and jumped to the 89th percentile. That ends the Winter segment of the game. Here’s how we look this week.
- A-List – Rory McIlroy and Kevin Chappell. I’ve still got all 10 McIlroy burns left and the options in the A-List aren’t great this week. I’m going to go ahead and burn him with a Thursday AM start and hope for the best. Generally, A-List is deep enough to where I can survive having him on the bench a few more times if needed.
- B-List – Cameron Tringale, Matt Kuchar (starters), Freddie Jacobson and Charley Hoffman on the bench.
- C-List – Brendan Steele starting with Ian Poulter on the bench.
Check out Mike Glasscott’s weekly Rotoworld article for more details on my picks/rankings, but here we go for this week.
- Group 1 – Ian Poulter
- Group 2 – Freddie Jacobson
- Group 3 – Charley Hoffman
- Group 4 – D.J. Trahan
This week, the Golf Channel game also features selections for the LPGA event; I assume since it’s a major. My picks are published (Rotoworld) for that as well, but know that I haven’t watched more than 30 minutes of LPGA golf all year and shouldn’t be considered any type of expert, swami, tipster or anything else on the topic.
PGA TOUR game:
The year-to-date standings:
- O’Sullivan’s Tribe – 3040
- Case of the Biershenks – 2993
- GHIN & Juice – 2821
- Swinging for the Sixties – 2762
- Bushleagers – 2761
Last week’s top five:
- Define Statutory – 265
- Subliminal Magic – 230
- Bushleaguers – 217
- Stink Eye – 201
- Bustouts – 182
I can't believe none of you had D.A. Points!
I’m still mulling over my one-and-done and two-and-done picks this week, and will provide those tomorrow.
Best of luck to all!