- Martin Laird may have caught lightening in a bottle with a 9-under 63 to win by two in the final, but there is something to be learned. That is, you can't ignore a previous PGA TOUR winner who is in contention. D.A. Points did it last week with no warming, and this week the Scot repeated. So the next time a Carl Pettersson or Mark Wilson or insert any other winner here are hanging around the leaderboard, don't count them out.
- Rory's ready for Augusta.
- Billy Horschel was lucky to shoot a 1-under. His putter saved him big time.
- Jim Furyk closed with late fireworks, holing a wedge for eagle on the 18th. Good thing he wasn't in contention or it may have found the creek.
- Let me know when you figure out Charley Hoffman.
- Speaking of Hoffman, it was a rare great week for us in the Golf Channel game. Group 1 was Rory McIlroy (runner-up), Group 2 Freddie Jacobson (T15), Group 3 Charley Hoffman (T3), and Group 4 D.J. Trahan (T15).
- Our one-and-done pick of Matt Kuchar was T22. Not where we expected, but we'll take it. Remember, the goal was to survive.
Enough of Texas.....let's move to Augusta.