- Horschel was in a similar position through 36 holes at Torrey Pines, but fell apart. He's much more confident now, and not paired with Tiger Woods tomorrow.
- Tomorrow may be the most windy day of the tournament. Eighty-two guys made the cut, meaning there will be a 54-hole cut. That could lead to a very volatile moving day.
- Rory McIlroy is tied for fifth, three back. DO NOT let a mediocre round tomorrow throw you off his scent for the Masters if it's a windy day. He is a threat at Augusta National. How big of a threat is yet to be determined.
- Also tied for fifth are Jim Furyk and K.J. Choi. They both bear watching for the purpose of next week.
- Matt Kuchar gutted out a 2-under to make the cut. It would have been easy for him to mail it in and get an early jump on Masters week.
- Cameron Tringale missed the cut.Glad I went against my gut and took Kuch for the one-and-done.
- Moving Charley Hoffman into the Yahoo! lineup proved brilliant. He tied for the round of the day and picked up 20 points. Now I'm benching him. Pressure of the final round can't be a great spot for him.
- Speaking of Yahoo! lineup, going McIlory, Jacobson, Kuchar and Steele.
That's all for tonight!