Coinciding with that news, Tiger Woods decided not to play late last week and we saw several high-profile WDs from Dustin Johnson and Ian Poulter today. While they are required to give a medical reason since it is past the deadline, DJ has very much downplayed the degree of his injury, leaving many to connect the dots. Both also mentioned being excited about the event on Twitter in the days before their trip to Charlotte.
What do dead/dying greens and some with new sod on them mean? I'm not entirely sure, but my guess is that it puts a further premium on ball striking and levels the playing field when it comes to putting. I would also think it would negate some local knowledge that guys like Webb Simpson have.
Now for the games......
Another nice week last week, racking up 194 points to improve to 6485 in the full season with 2678 points and reaching the 94th percentile.
This week looks like this and take into account Thursday tee times:
- A-List - Bill Haas starting and Rory McIlroy on the bench
- B-List - Webb Simpson and Nick Watney starting with Lucas Glover and Hunter Mahan on the bench.
- C-List - Rickie Fowler starting with Lee Westwood on the bench.
We hit a homerun with Billy Horschel in the lineup last week. Here's hoping for another big week.
- Group 1 - Rory McIlroy (swing for the fences)
- Group 2 - Angel Cabrera
- Group 3 - Lucas Glover
- Group 4 - John Rollins
- Boots with the Fur - 4518
- O'Sullivan's Tribe - 4461
- Team Tiger II - 4393
- Woltz - 4322
- Subliminal Magic 4223
- T1 - Boots with the Fur - 643
- T1 - adub - 643
- T1 - KyRoadz - 643
- 4 - Pure Spin - 635
- 5 - Rotoworld Rob - 624
We will be back with the one-and-done and two-and-done tomorrow. In the mean time, best of luck!