I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Zurich Classic of New Orleans - Fantasy

After a mixed bag of results at the RBC Heritage when it came to fantasy games, let's move on to NOLA for the Zurich Classic. I'm going to jump right in.

Yahoo!

Last week was a really good week for us in this format, netting 203 points and improving our season total to 2484. That's good for a ranking of 8,512 and the 92nd percentile.

I'm publishing my lineup this week without yet accounting for the weather. I'm going to go back tomorrow and take a deeper dive into the elements. If I make a switch, I will post tomorrow. As for now:

  • A-List - Jason Dufner and Bubba Watson
  • B-List - Justin Rose, Charley Hoffman, Cameron Tringale and Jimmy Walker
  • C-List - Billy Horschel and Rickie Fowler
Golf Channel:

As always, the details of rankings, money and picks are in the weekly Rotoworld article. This week's picks are:
  • Group 1 - Justin Rose
  • Group 2 - Billy Horschel
  • Group 3 - Jordan Spieth
  • Group 4 - James Driscoll
PGA TOUR:

Overall Standings:
  1. Woltz (4163)
  2. Boots With The Fur (3875)
  3. O'Sullivan's Tribe (3863)
  4. Team Tiger II (3777)
  5. Subliminal Magic (3696)
Weekly Standings:
  1. Woltz (990) with a lineup that included G-Mac, Simpson and Donald. (I hope he had money on this somewhere.)
  2. Who's The Caddy? (717)
  3. Super Molinari Bros. (570)
  4. Putter's Paradise (345)
  5. Bird Dogs (264)
Huge week Woltz....great job!

I'll be back tomorrow to update any last minute changes as well as post a one-and-done and two-and-done pick. I'll go ahead and tell you I'm leaning Horschel for the one-and-done, but haven't ruled out Rose. 

Best of luck!

6 comments:

  1. Love your columns, thanks!, but doesn't "how many" people are taking a golfer in Yahoo begin to factor into your (C) picks for example?:

    C1 Billy Horschel 40.53% (@ 30-1)
    C17 Thorbjorn Olesen 2.29% (@ 28-1)

    I don't play Yahoo, are these one-and-done 1A-2B-1C foresomes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strategy depends a lot on your current standing and your objective. You can burn each player 10 times, with one starter in A, two in B and one in C. You can alternate these each round. If you were playing in a private Yahoo! league and were leading, you would rather go with Horschel in your scenario above. If you were trailing and needing to make a move, you would go with Olesen. I don't look at a players popularity when I make my picks unless someone has a specific scenario that requires that as a factor.
    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is from a large 300 entry One-And-Done pool I'm in. I agree these %'s would only really concern someone if they were near the top or bottom of their league. But still interesting...

    Player % Picked This Week
    Horschel, Billy 24
    Dufner, Jason 16
    Fowler, Rickie 11
    Rose, Justin 9
    Watson, Bubba 6
    Olesen, Thorbjorn 5
    Choi, K.J. 3
    Hoffman, Charley 3
    Watney, Nick 3
    Els, Ernie 3
    Howell, Charles III 2
    Overton, Jeffrey 2
    Piercy, Scott 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who'd you take? I'm surprised Rose is as low as he is (9/300 players?)but I saw the same thing in my one-and-done this week.

      Delete
    2. I used Nick Watney. I only follow the late money moves, like if I was at the track ;-) My opinions "interfere" with selecting winners at both venues. Those #'s I sent you were % of the pool: so Rose was 9% (27/300 picks). Horschel was 24% or (72/300 picks), so yikes, I hope you & those 72 are all not right. Rose the fav at 9% has just been used up by half the pool already I guess. Here are the >50% used up so far:

      Woods, Tiger-------(85%)
      Bradley, Keegan----(65%)
      Schwartzel, Charl--(63%)
      Snedeker, Brandt---(61%)
      Mickelson, Phil----(56%)
      Howell, Charles III----(55%)
      Kuchar, Matt----(52%)
      Rose, Justin----(52%)

      Delete