Below are the winners and runner-ups of the seven previous stops at TPC Louisiana:
- 2005 - Tim Petrovic (13-under) over James Driscoll (13-under) in a playoff
- 2007 - Nick Watney (15-under) over Ken Duke (12-under)
- 2008 - Andres Romero (13-under) over Peter Lonard (12-under)
- 2009 - Jerry Kelly (14-under) over Charles Howell III, Rory Sabbatini and Charlie Wi (13-under)
- 2010 - Jason Bohn (18-under) over Jeff Overton (16-under)
- 2011 - Bubba Watson (15-under) over Webb Simpson (15-under) in a playoff
- 2012 - Jason Dufner (19-under) over Ernie Els (19-under) in a playoff
What I notice about this tournament is that it seems to identify form, even over course history. While Jason Dufner had both going for him in his win last year, I think about guys like Webb Simpson and Ernie Els both showing up at TPC Louisiana and then winning later in the year.
It's also friendly to first-time winners. Tim Petrovic and Andres Romero captured their only wins in New Orleans. Watney and Dufner each picked up their first wins here. Billy Horschel anyone?
We will scour the usual metrics of course history and form in an effort to identify a short list of guys that should be ripe for contending later this week.
Until then, happy research!