Here are a few thoughts:
- The advantage remained with the Thursday PM / Friday AM wave, as both Glover and Weekley were products of the fortunate end of the draw. It wasn't without exception, as Bubba Watson's 65 in the afternoon was the round of the day. I also noticed Kyle Stanley spun a 67 in the afternoon wave.
- First-round leader Ricky Barnes disappeared.
- I like the Glover / Weekley pairing. It should be comfortable for both players. They both play to a quick pace, and should they run into down time they can keep each other entertained with conversations on hunting and fishing while sharing a dip.
- Of note, the lowest winning score at TPC Louisiana was last season when Jason Dufner won at 19-under. Consequently, he was 12-under (same as Glover) and the leader by one at the half-way point.
- Oh how I wish I would have subbed Bubba in for Dufner in the Yahoo! game after round one, but it just didn't make sense. If you had Bubba, it was a nice day for you.
- Tomorrow's Yahoo! lineup is Dufner, Rose, Walker and Horschel. I don't particularly like to chase a hot round like Bubba put up. It's hard for a guy to go that low twice and Dufner goes out very early tomorrow.
- If you are one of those that burned Boo in various formats last week at Hilton Head, only to count him out this week, you are not alone. I've gotten numerous emails and tweets suggesting that you are in good company.
We'll see who can catch our final pairing on moving day at TPC Louisiana tomorrow.