- Today is a great example of how frustrating a weekly game can be, but a great reason to find season-long games to be a part of where you own a guy for the season. Palmer and Rollins both deserved some respect headed into the week ,and there were reasons to be mindful of the others mentioned above, but none were at the top of anyone's list. They are all solid season-long owns at the right value.
- We debuted a new feature called "Feeling Risky?" on Monday and one of our three wildcards was Hearn. Nice of him to pop up on the leaderboard early. Tommy Gainey (T7 at 5-under) was also on that list of three. Who knows where they'll end up, but the point of that segment is to identify guys that might contend if everything falls into place.
- I wish I would have used my "Feeling Risky" as a basis for Yahoo! picks this week Or at least for the first round.
- Speaking of Yahoo!, second round will be Chris Kirk, Zach Johnson, Bo Van Pelt and Charl Schwartzel.
- For my non-American readers, there's a saying in American football that if you have two (or three) quarterbacks, you don't have a quarterback. Essentially that's what the static at the top of this week's power rankings and one-and-done amounted to. A bunch of decent options, but no perfect fit meant we were left without a quarterback. Once the game started, we were exposed. Hopefully whoever you went with will finish off nicely.
That's it for today. Best of luck the rest of the way.