I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Tournament - One-and-done

We laid the framework for the Memorial one-and-done at the end of yesterday’s post, and now it’s time to put pen to pad.

The top four in my power rankings (Woods, Rose, Kuchar and Donald) have already been burned. While there’s more to it than just going down the power rankings when it comes to OAD strategy, I rather quickly settled on Jim Furyk. I’m virtually assured of him making the cut (16/17) and with 12 top 25s, I’ll likely pick up a six-figure check (or close to it). I’m also not sure I’ll miss him all that much down the road.

I believe Tiger Woods will likely win this week, but I used him at Bay Hill. I considered McIlroy, but now have my eye on him a little further down the road at TPC Boston unless he really gets hot between now and then. Lee Westwood was also very tempting, but there are several other places I could plug him in. I haven’t researched if he will play the FedEx St. Jude next week, but that would be a place to roll with him. I’ve got my eye on Adam Scott for a Playoff start, possibly even East Lake unless I burn McIlroy before TPC Boston and go with Scott there.

As for my two-and-done, I’m going with Woods. While it’s important to be flexible with a preseason strategy when necessary, my thoughts of a OAD on Woods and Bay Hill and then two-and-done starts on Woods at Bay Hill and either Muirfield Village or Congressional seems to be working. I could hold out for a couple more dollars at Firestone or Merion, but I believe this is the start with the highest likelihood to produce a TW victory the rest of the way. That’s good enough for me.


Best of luck this week! (If you're like me, it can't be any worse than last week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment