I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

THE PLAYERS Championship - One-and-done

After the mishap of pegging Bill Haas for our one-and-done at the wild Wells Fargo Championship, the heat is on to throw up a big number (dollars, not score) at THE PLAYERS.

With this week's purse being the biggest of the year, it's not time to hold back on a stud if there's a prudent one to play. There is a certain amount of unpredictability in play due to the venue (TPC Sawgrass), but guys with a solid all-around game and some steady tournament experience must be considered.

I also prefer to go class with form over just form in an event like this, if that makes sense. While a reader did an excellent job of making a case for Kevin Streelman in an email earlier today, I prefer a player with a little more seasoning on the bigger stages this week.

I've rambled enough. In a somewhat rare move, I'm burning Luke Donald in both my one-and-done and two-and-done. Typically I prefer to hedge on my games, but considering I'm using Donald in Yahoo!, Golf Channel, PGA TOUR, one-and-done and two-and-done, you could say I'm "all-in" with Luke this week. Others that received heavy consideration were Sergio Garcia, Adam Scott and Lee Westwood.

Best of luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment