I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

THE PLAYERS Championship - Round 1

Raise your hand if you had Roberto Castro firing a course-record-tying 63 in the opening round of THE PLAYERS to lead Rory McIlroy, among others, by three. No one? Yeah, I didn't think McIlroy would be within three of the lead either. And that wasn't bad by Castro.

Other thoughts:

  • I'll go ahead and say that if Tiger Woods wins THE PLAYERS, given his poor history of late at TPC Sawgrass, it will be his biggest win since the 2008 U.S. Open.
  • Roberto Castro won't win. See Alex Cejka.
  • It's a little surprising that McIlroy is doing this well. Let's see if it keeps up.
  • I'd love for Sergio Garcia to have been my one-and-done this week instead of Luke Donald right now, but there's still time.
  • Yahoo! lineup of Garcia, Van Pelt, Donald and Scott will stay the same for another round.
That's it for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment