- Billy Horschel finally cooled off an missed a cut, snapping the longest-running streak on TOUR.
- Proving THE PLAYERS is one of the hardest tournaments to handicap, take a look at some of those joining Horscel on the couch this weekend: Justin Rose, Ian Poulter, Phil Mickelson, Rickie Fowler, Nick Watney, Graeme McDowell, Keegan Bradley, Ernie Els, Bill Haas and Lucas Glover. All of these guys have made noise lately and could legitimately have been considered contenders to start the week.
- The top five in our Power Rankings look to be in good shape. In order, Luke Donald (T29), Adam Scott (T9), Sergio Garcia (1), Lee Westwood (T3) and Tiger Woods (2).
- Big decisions to make in the Yahoo! game over the weekend. The first is a no-brainer. I'm plugging Westwood in for Scott to make sure I get him in the starting lineup for bonus points, as both are positioned for a possible top-three finish. I'm plugging Matt Kuchar in for Bo Van Pelt. BVP carried the banner in the first round, but it's time to burn Kuchar over the weekend. After going back and forth with it, I'm burning Tiger over Sergio in the third round. There are several reasons. First, Woods record head-to-head against Garcia is staggeringly in the favor of world No. 1. So chances are good that Woods will get more points than Sergio tomorrow. Second, that would mean that Woods would enter the final round tied or ahead of Garcia, and quite possibly in the lead meaning we'd have to burn him for one round on Sunday anyway. Combining those two, it looks like we'd have to burn Woods on Sunday no matter what; so might as well burn him on Saturday too. I also don't see Sergio taking it deep two days in-a-row.
- To recap, that Woods, Kuchar, Donald and Westwood tomorrow.
- If Westwood isn't firmly on your radar for the remaining three majors, he should be.
- Keep an eye on Jason Dufner....fired a 5-under today and is now T13 ahead of a couple of events where he was a major factor last season.
Should be fun to watch tomorrow. Let's hope an afternoon storm doesn't mess things up!