I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

AT&T National - Final Thoughts

As is the case more weeks than we would like, the final thoughts before tees are in the ground at AT&T National centers around the weather. 

It looks very likely that a thunderstorm will impact play at some point on Thursday. That makes a Yahoo! call on round 1 very tough. If the afternoon turns out to be a wash, then the PM/AM wave may have an advantage. 

Yahoo! starters are Bill Haas, Graham DeLaet, Hunter Mahan and Jason Day with Brandt Snedeker, Bo Van Pelt, Charley Hoffman and Billy Horschel on the bench. My strategy was a combination of playing the best player regardless of wave and saving a Snedeker start if possible. I don't feel comfortable enough in a weather prediction to allow it to impact strategy.

I said it yesterday, but in case it needs clarifying I'm taking Billy Horschel as my one-and-done and hoping Billy Ho doesn't fall victim to the quickly-becoming-famous Mike Glasscott curse. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out Rotoworld's live chat replay or Glass' article. 

In my two-and-done, I'm using my second (final) Jason Day burn. If I had Day in the one-and-done I would have used him.

Best of luck this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment