I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

FedEx St. Jude Classic - One-and-done

The clock is ticking down to the start of the FedEx St. Jude Classic and it's time to tie up our loose ends.

In terms of the one-and-done this week, it may be a good week to go against the chalk depending on your situation. If you are leading and want to play it safe, I would look towards guys like Charles Howell III or Freddie Jacobson if you have them available. I don't think you'll miss them later. If you are chasing, feel free to take some calculated risks this week.

I'm going with Russell Henley. Given he's never played TPC Southwind, there's plenty of risk involved. Still, he's got a win and another top 15 on par 70 courses and he's coming off a T6 at the Memorial. He plays well on hard courses and shows up on the par 4s.

In my two-and-done, I'm going chalky with Brandt Snedeker. I haven't used him yet and this could be a time to pick up some ground if he gets it going.

I have Snedeker available in my OAD, but have several other spots in mind for that burn including a little tournament across the pond in July.

One final note, I'm sticking with the early tee times on Thursday. I don't think it will be a major advantage because the winds look mild in the afternoon. That means the Yahoo! starters are Charles Howell III, Freddie Jacobson, Scott Stallings and Robert Karlsson.

Best of luck this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment