What else do you need to know?
- The only person in the top five with a PGA TOUR win is Scott Stallings (T3 and four back).
- Patrick Reed is in that three-way tie for third at 8-under, and given his propensity to go low in Monday Qualifiers last year he could be a guy to fire a low one.
- Phil Mickelson and Padraig Harrington are both in the bottom half of the top 10. While they may not get it done this week, it makes for an interesting footnote in the U.S. Open research.
- Jonathan Byrd did several things he hasn't done this year in the third round. He fired a season-low 66 and posted rounds under par in consecutive days for the first time all season. Remember that he missed all of the winter and part of the spring recovering from wrist surgery. He may finally be all systems go.
- Dustin Johnson and Ian Poulter are both T11. I'm not sure you could talk me into backing DJ in many scenarios at Merion, but it goes to show the defending champ is certainly a course horse at TPC Southwind. Poulter becomes a more interesting prospect for next week.
- Winds in the Memphis area will be the worst they've been all week and fairly steady throughout the day on Sunday. There is a chance of afternoon showers. I'm sticking with my Yahoo! lineup of CH3, DJ, Stallings and Karlsson.
Best of luck tomorrow!