I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Greenbrier Classic - Fantasy

Alright gang, it's fantasy time for The Greenbrier Classic. We know what the chalk says. We know to expect the unexpected. Let's do this!

Before we go too far, the weather features chances for storms on Thursday and Friday, so I recommend staggering AM / PM until we know for sure if there is an advantage. I also would sign off on some calculated risks this week. Remember the theme from the Preview is to expect the unexpected.

I am not necessarily going chalk (ie following my power rankings) in all cases this week.

Yahoo!

It occurred to me that I haven't updated my stats of late, so here you go: 4,052 Full Season points 5,213 for the season (95th percentile) 154 points last week 4,574 Summer Rank.

A-List - Plenty of options here this week. I'm going with Bubba Watson and Brian Davis, but I could easily sign off on Phil Mickelson, Bill Haas, Brendon de Jonge, Kevin Chappell, Gary Woodland.....

B-List - A little more chalky here, going with Webb Simpson, Graham DeLaet, David Hearn and Scott Stallings. I really like Charlie Wi as a sneaky pick. Same with Bob Estes and Cameron Tringale.

C-List - I'm taking Billy Horschel and Roberto Castro, but Jordan Spieth, Ryan Palmer and several others could make sense.

Golf Channel:

As always, check out my picks and all of the Rotoworld staffer's picks in Mike Glasscott's weekly feature http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/gol/43599/297/white-before-our-eyes?pg=3.

Also for those of you that follow Glass regularly, you have probably caught onto his ability to make very solid, logical one-and-done selections only to experience the worst luck with those picks. This week's hex has been put on Graham DeLaet, so proceed with caution!

That's a good introduction into the One-and-Done:

I've been on board with several of Glass' picks, including a disappointing Billy Horschel third round last week. This may be a bit impatient, but I find myself trailing in some leagues and am considering taking some wild swings. Of course, they're kind of all wild swings this week. That is to say I have no idea who I'm picking yet. I might go Jason Kokrak or David Hearn or Brian Davis or even Graham DeLaet.

PGA TOUR game:

Season Standings:

  1. O'Sullivan's Tribe - 7754
  2. Pure Spin - 6934
  3. Woltz - 6452
  4. Boots With The Fur - 6333
  5. KyRoadz - 6185

AT&T Standings:

  • 1 - Who's The Caddy? - 631
  • 2 - Stink Eye - 560
  • 3 - Tigers Embedded Ball - 179
  • T4 - O'Sullivan's Tribe - 168
  • T4 - Bird Dogs - 168

I'll tie up any loose ends tomorrow night. Best of luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment