I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

WGC-Bridgestone Invitational / Reno-Tahoe Open - One and Done

For the first time all season, I've looked to the end of the road when formulating my one-and-done picks for the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational and the Reno-Tahoe Open. That's forced me to shelf Adam Scott and Lee Westwood, while Rory McIlroy needs to show some form before a play.

My choice for the Bridgestone came down to a tight race between Angel Cabrera and Henrik Stenson. Stenson doesn't have the history that Cabrera has, but is playing excellent golf. When I look down the road, the best place to possibly use Cabrera other than this week is TPC Boston, where McIlroy and Scott are in play. I could see myself biting on Stenson a few other places if needed.

Cabrera has also finished fourth in this tournament three times, and he's playing the most consistent golf of his career. The closest comparison for full-season form was his 2009 year (won the Masters) and he tied for fourth at Firestone. On that note, Cabrera is my one-and-done for this week.

For my two-and-done, I'm rolling with Adam Scott.

In the Reno-Tahoe, I'm going for the Argentinian double with Andres Romero!

Since I brought it up, here is how I have my OAD penciled in for the rest of the year. It is very much subject to change, but I have to have a plan at this point and you should too.

PGA Championship - Hunter Mahan (this could change)
Wyndham - Jason Dufner or Nicolas Colsaerts are the early leaders
Barclays - Stenson
Deutsche Bank - Rory McIlroy
BMW Championship - Lee Westwood
TOUR Championship - Adam Scott.

The only thing that is certain is that this will change.

Best of luck this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment