One quick item of business, I'm going Haas and Stricker for the second consecutive day in Yahoo, then subbing in Zach Johnson for Keegan Bradley and Adam Scott for Henrik Stenson (a day too late).
Now for the fun......
- Jim Furyk - Pretender. Still too scarred from last year.
- Adam Scott - Big-time contender. Can't wait to see if he can separate tomorrow morning.
- David Hearn - Less of a pretender than we might think. Has played some nice golf on smaller stages of late.
- Lee Westwood - Contender, especially if Oak Hill starts playing tougher.
- Robert Garrigus - Pretender. He'll fade as the course toughens.
- Paul Casey - Contender. If you've paid attention, this isn't out of nowhere.
- Matt Kuchar - Absolutely a contender.
- Marcus Fraser - Sorry, but pretender.
- Scott Piercy - See Garrigus. His form suggests he fades.
- Jason Day - Contender. Similar to Westy, I like him the harder the course gets.
- Kiradech Aphibarnrat - Dark Horse - He hung around for a long time at Firestone.
- Jason Dufner - Contender
- Steve Stricker - Contender
- Bill Haas - Absolutely a contender
- Henrik Stenson - Contender for sure
- Rafael Cabrera Bello - Pretender....record in U.S. isn't good enough to sustain him.
- Jonas Blixt - Pretender - Too much demand on ball-striking for 72 holes.
- Roberto Castro - Pretender, but intriguing to watch for the future.
- M.A. Jimenez - Unfortunately a pretender.
- Martin Kaymer - Tough call....trending decently well...but pretender
- Justin Rose - On the bubble, but I'll say contender.
- Zach Johnson (1-under) - Still a contender
- Rory McIlroy (1-under) - Looked really good in spurts today. Might have found something. I'll say contender, but that could change quickly.
- Brandt Snedeker (even) - Pretender
- Phil Mickelson (1-over) - Contender if he and Butch work this out before round 2.
- Tiger Woods (1-over) - Pretender. He has to lead after 54 and there's too much ground to make up.
Again....save this and feel free to point and laugh later!