I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Barclays - One-and-done

The more time I spend on understanding Liberty National Golf Club and the changes made since 2009, the more I'm convinced that the course will not require the grind it did to win four years ago. That comes into play in the one-and-done and two-and-done.

For the one-and-done, I'm crossing my fingers that Henrik Stenson stays hot for one more week. While I could have also played the Swede in my two-and-done, this isn't the kind of tournament where I want all my eggs in one basket. There are just too many variables.

The two-and-done came down to Jim Furyk and Dustin Johnson. About 36 hours ago, I was set on Furyk. Then the reviews of the course redesign began to roll in and I've shifted over to DJ. Johnson showed well here in 2009, as did Furyk, but Johnson's length will be rewarded to a higher degree with the greens more receptive and the rough much less penal.

Yahoo! starters are McIlroy, Furyk, Simpson and Stenson.

Best of luck this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment