I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Honda Classic - Fantasy

With The Honda Classic inching closer, it's time to take a look at some fantasy formats. Before we do, please note that Justin Rose W/D due to continuing discomfort with the shoulder tendinitis that delayed the start of his 2014 campaign.

Here we go:

Yahoo!

Big week at Riviera, increasing our point total to 1,225 and improving to 2,190 for the season (97th percentile). We hit the Bubba Watson jackpot!

This week presents a dilemma in the A-List in the form of Tiger Woods. I'm laying off, as there are plenty of places on TOUR where Tiger is a past winner, but this ain't one of them. So that leaves us with:

  • A-List - Luke Donald starting and Rickie Fowler on the bench. Almost rolled with Lee Westwood in Donald's place, but wanted the Thursday AM tee time with Donald. The A-List scares me because we are leaning on Fowler (missed his last three stroke-play cuts) and Donald (limited starts of late). That also exactly why I'm not playing Woods. I'm not sure I could hide him and save a start were he to be out of contention because one of the Donald / Fowler duo could lay an egg. Fingers crossed.
  • B-List - Zach Johnson and Keegan Bradley starting with Hideki Matsuyama and Rory McIlroy on the bench.
  • C-List - Easiest call of the week, with Charl Schwartzel starting and Graeme McDowell on the bench.
I encourage you to head over to rotoworld.com and check out Mike G's weekly preview for all of our Golf Channel picks. While Ned's pulling away with the lead, there's about $60k separating second from fourth between myself, Bolton and Glass.

As for the one-and-done, I fully expect my pick to come down to Schwartzel and G-Mac. I'm leaning Schwartzel, but we'll see if it holds up.

Check back tomorrow and we'll tie up any loose ends. Until then, best of luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment