I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Monday, February 17, 2014

WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship - Bracket

For those interested, here is how my bracket picks for the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship turned out.

One thing I noticed, especially in early matches, is that I’m pretty chalky. So, while I labeled dark horses in each bracket, I only bit the bullet on two of them (Patrick Reed and Manassero) when it came time to pull the trigger. Doesn't mean I like Martin Kaymer or Chris Kirk any differently than I did a day ago. It just means that a dark horse isn't a favorite, and I go chalky.

Jones Bracket:
  • Round 1 – Stenson over Barnrat, Watney over Oosty, Sneds over Lynn, Simpson over Jaidee, Day over Olesen, Horschel over Donaldson, Stricker over Coetzee and Reed over DeLaet.
  • Round 2 – Stenson over Watney, Simpson over Snedeker, Day over Horschel and Reed over Stricker
  • Round 3 – Simpson over Stenson and Day over Reed.
  • Round 4 – Day wins the bracket over Simpson

Hogan Bracket:
  • Round 1 – McIlroy over Boo, English over Westy, Schwartzel over Stads, Furyk over Kirk in a fun one, Garcia over Leishman (potential upset special), Haas over MAJ, Poulter over Fowler and Walker over Grace.
  • Round 2 – Rory over English, Schwartzel over Furyk, Sergio beats Haas and Poulter reminds Walker that he’s still match play king with a win.
  • Round 3 – Rory over Schwartzel and I’m hedging with Sergio over Poulter.
  • Round 4 – McIlroy tops Garcia

Player Bracket:
  • Round 1 – Rose over Piercy, Gallacher over Els, Dufner over Stallings, Manassero over Donald, Kuchar over Bernd, Moore over Joost, Spieth over Pablo, and Frankie Molinari of Bjorn.
  • Round 2 – Rose over Gallacher, Manassero over Dufner, Kuchar over Moore and Spieth over Molinari.
  • Round 3 – Rose over Manassero and Spieth over Kuchar
  • Round 4 – Spieth over Rose

Snead Bracket:
  • Round 1- ZJ over Sterne, Mahan over GFC, G-Mac over Woodland, Matsuyama over Kaymer, DJ over Hanson, Streelman over Dubuisson, Bubba over Mikko and Bradley over Blixt.
  • Round 2 – Mahan over ZJ, Matsuyama over G-Mac, DJ over Streels and Bubba over Keegan
  • Round 3 – Mahan over Matsuyama and DJ over Bubba
  • Round 4 – Mahan advances over DJ.
Semi-Finals – Spieth over Mahan and Rory over Day

Finals – Spieth over McIlroy


I’m not entirely settled on a OAD, but I’m giving Spieth, Mahan, DJ, Garcia and Poulter all hard looks.

4 comments:

  1. your snead bracket needs another look. you say DJ will beat bubba, but then follow by saying mayhan will be bubba? if i need fantasy advice and this is what i get, i may move on. and so may others mr rotoworld

    ReplyDelete
  2. The correction has been made. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. There's good news, bad news, and good news. The good news is, all of the "winner" picks were listed correctly and I've yet to see a bracket where they ask you to accurately list the loser of the match. The bad news is, it's the match play and everyone's bracket will get blown to pieces anyway. The other good news is that I've credited your account back for the payment you've provided for my advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the credit. Keep up the good work. I just like to bust balls every once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all good! Thanks for keeping me honest and best of luck this week!

    ReplyDelete