For those interested, here is how my bracket picks for the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship turned out.
One thing I noticed, especially in early matches, is that I’m pretty chalky. So, while I labeled dark horses in each bracket, I only bit the bullet on two of them (Patrick Reed and Manassero) when it came time to pull the trigger. Doesn't mean I like Martin Kaymer or Chris Kirk any differently than I did a day ago. It just means that a dark horse isn't a favorite, and I go chalky.
- Round 1 – Stenson over Barnrat, Watney over Oosty, Sneds over Lynn, Simpson over Jaidee, Day over Olesen, Horschel over Donaldson, Stricker over Coetzee and Reed over DeLaet.
- Round 2 – Stenson over Watney, Simpson over Snedeker, Day over Horschel and Reed over Stricker
- Round 3 – Simpson over Stenson and Day over Reed.
- Round 4 – Day wins the bracket over Simpson
- Round 1 – McIlroy over Boo, English over Westy, Schwartzel over Stads, Furyk over Kirk in a fun one, Garcia over Leishman (potential upset special), Haas over MAJ, Poulter over Fowler and Walker over Grace.
- Round 2 – Rory over English, Schwartzel over Furyk, Sergio beats Haas and Poulter reminds Walker that he’s still match play king with a win.
- Round 3 – Rory over Schwartzel and I’m hedging with Sergio over Poulter.
- Round 4 – McIlroy tops Garcia
- Round 1 – Rose over Piercy, Gallacher over Els, Dufner over Stallings, Manassero over Donald, Kuchar over Bernd, Moore over Joost, Spieth over Pablo, and Frankie Molinari of Bjorn.
- Round 2 – Rose over Gallacher, Manassero over Dufner, Kuchar over Moore and Spieth over Molinari.
- Round 3 – Rose over Manassero and Spieth over Kuchar
- Round 4 – Spieth over Rose
- Round 1- ZJ over Sterne, Mahan over GFC, G-Mac over Woodland, Matsuyama over Kaymer, DJ over Hanson, Streelman over Dubuisson, Bubba over Mikko and Bradley over Blixt.
- Round 2 – Mahan over ZJ, Matsuyama over G-Mac, DJ over Streels and Bubba over Keegan
- Round 3 – Mahan over Matsuyama and DJ over Bubba
- Round 4 – Mahan advances over DJ.
Finals – Spieth over McIlroy
I’m not entirely settled on a OAD, but I’m giving Spieth, Mahan, DJ, Garcia and Poulter all hard looks.