I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship - One-and-done

With the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship just around the bend, it's time to declare a one-and-done and cross our fingers.

As mentioned yesterday, my short list was down to Jordan Spieth, Hunter Mahan, Dustin Johnson, Sergio Garcia and Ian Poulter.

I wanted to find a reason to plug in Poulter, but his current form just won't allow for it. I also really like Garcia, but something about his first-round match with Marc Leishman doesn't feel all that safe.

That left me with Spieth, Mahan and DJ. Full disclosure, given the multiple formats I play, I have invested in each of them in some form or fashion.

For the one-and-done, I settled on Dustin Johnson. His current form is excellent. Actually, a tad better than it was in 2012 when he tied for ninth in this event. Sticking with my own advise from the preview, he also has very winnable matches in rounds one and two.

Best of luck this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment