I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Valspar Championship - One-and-done

In addition to addressing the one-and-done format for the Valspar Championship, I will go back and revisit the Yahoo! format. There is a good bit of wind and cold weather predicted for Thursday, and rather than the wind strengthening as the day unfolds it is expected to the opposite.

I based my original lineup on the incorrect assumption that the morning wave would benefit, but in reality the afternoon wave will get warmer temperatures and less wind. It’s still unclear to me if the AM or PM wave will be better on Friday, but I’m now not willing to start Thursday AM tee times and don’t mind if I don’t have my team split equally among waves.

New Yahoo! roster and first-round starters are as follows:
  • A-List – Matt Kuchar starting, Luke Donald on the bench (swapping spots)
  • B-List – Jim Furyk and Jason Dufner starting, with Webb Simpson and Jordan Spieth on the bench (Dufner in for Graham DeLaet (also starting in his place) while Furyk subs in for Spieth.) I’ve decided to keep Simpson on the bench in round one in the event that he has a really bad opening round. That way I wouldn’t have blown one of my last six starts on him if he lays an egg. I will reiterate that he MUST be on your roster.
  • C-List – Pat Perez starting with Harris English on the bench (swapping spots).

As for the one-and-done, I have several solid options already off the table. Harris English and Webb Simpson are out for that reason. I narrowed my focus to Luke Donald, Jim Furyk and Jordan Spieth. Donald’s recent form is the best of the bunch, with a T8 at The Honda classic and a T25 at a windy Doral. His course history is also very strong, so I’m plugging him in as my OAD.


Best of luck to all this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment