I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

WGC-Cadillac Championship & Puerto Rico Open - One and done

To put a bow on our WGC-Cadillac Championship and Puerto Rico Open coverage, we'll go over our one-and-done selections and throw some darts at Yahoo! starters.

For the WGC-Cadillac, form and class were two things I couldn't shake. I burned Rory at the WGC-HSBC, so he's off the table. Same with Dustin Johnson at the Match Play. I found myself debating Sergio Garcia, Keegan Bradley and Hunter Mahan. Three Ryder Cup players in solid form who are long enough to attack the "new" Doral and are aggressive.

Bradley missed a golden opportunity to steal a win at the Honda last week, and Mahan has posted his share of top 10s lately. Ultimately, I decided on Garcia. His worldwide trend is just too solid to pass up, and the opportunities to select him are somewhat limited. Bradley will remain on my short list for the WGC-Bridgestone and the PGA unless another opportunity presents itself, and Mahan will be debated numerous times as well.

For the Puerto Rico Open, I narrowed it down to Chris Stroud and David Hearn. Both nearly picked off their first wins in 2013 and are coming off solid finishes at the Honda. I selected Stroud, but could have just as easily gone with Hearn.

Since all of the players at the WGC-Cadillac are going off in the same late morning/early afternoon wave, there isn't a tee time advantage for the Yahoo! game. We also don't know for sure how Doral will play following the redesign. That makes Yahoo! even more of a dart throw than usual. I'm not going to put too much thought into who to start and who to sit, so here goes.

Starters are Bubba Watson, Rory McIlroy, Dustin Johnson and Sergio Garcia. Bench is Adam Scott, Hunter Mahan, Keegan Bradley and Harris English.

Best of luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment