I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

RBC Heritage - One-and-done & Fantasy

Before we get to the RBC Heritage one-and-done and the Yahoo! starters, let me first apologize for not posting yesterday. When I sat down to pen my blog last night, my laptop decided to no longer recognize any wireless signals. I’ll spare you the rest of the details, but I wasn't able to make other arrangements quickly enough.

After correctly tagging Bubba Watson with the one-and-done last week, the pressure this week is to follow that up with another solid performance to keep the momentum going. Considering how far along we are in the season, I have many premium options available this week.

All that said, I’m letting the weather guide me this week. If you look back to earlier in the week, I mentioned there are two styles that seem to play well at Harbour Town. There is the group of elite tee-to-green players, and the scrambling/putting crew.

The weather is driving my choice this week for a couple of reasons. It’s supposed to be a windy week at Harbour Town. It always is, but this week looks particularly breezy. Rain is also in play on Friday.

If I had Luke Donald, I’d probably play him. I don’t, because I plugged him in for a T4 at the Valspar. I decided not to burn G-Mac because his record wasn't very good here before his win last year and he has the added distraction of defending. Kuchar is hot, but I don’t want to use him on a week where weather could spoil my one shot with him. Same philosophy goes for Spieth.

I narrowed my focus to Jim Furyk and Kevin Na. Both are trending very well and both offer nice form and course history. The way the weather is shaping up, I believe the premium will be on putting/scrambling, as well as scoring (especially par 4). Furyk ranks a solid 34th in scrambling, but is 154th in SGP and 132nd in par 4 scoring average. Na ranks second in scrambling, third in par 4 scoring average and 15th in SGP. That answered my question and is the reason I’m going with Na.

As for the Yahoo! starting lineup, I don’t really see a big tee time advantage. Wind will be steady all day, with the temperatures below seasonal averages. Thursday morning will be cold.

I’m starting Donald (A), Furyk (B), Spieth (B) and Na (C). That leaves Kuchar (A), Every (B), Johnson, Z. (B) and McDowell (C) on the pine.

I will tweet future lineups later in the week @RyanGolfBlogger.


Best of luck to all this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment