I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Zurich Classic of New Orleans - One and Done

Before we dive into the one-and-done for the Zurich Classic of New Orleans, I want to remind everyone that my Yahoo! and Golf Channel lineups are posted on Rotoworld in Playing the Tips. Shameless plug, I'm excited that I cracked the top 100 in the Yahoo! game last week (currently 83rd for the season) and am equally excited to have heard from a number of you that are on solid rolls as well. Hopefully we continue that roll!

With Justin Rose already burned with a missed cut at the Arnold Palmer Invitational, and Graham DeLaet used on a T70 I narrowed my focus to Rickie Fowler. He led off my power ranking and I really like his 6/T5 run at the Shell Houston Open and Masters coming into this week, as well as his respectable history in his three trips to TPC Louisiana.

I looked at Rickie from numerous angles, but focuses on his GIR in his previous events here, as well as his trends leading up to those and his GIR stats in his last few starts. The reason I did that is because, at 103rd, his GIR stat is his most concerning. What I found, was that this is one of his best GIR events on the PGA TOUR, so I rest easier.

With that checking out, I decided to look no further and dub Rickie Fowler my OAD this week.

I will return tomorrow with Yahoo! starters and any late lineup changes. Until then, best of luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment