I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial - One-and-Done

The Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial one-and-done begs one big question this week. Do you have Zach Johnson available? If you do, it's time to burn him. He has won two of the last four years at Colonial and finished inside the top four in the other two.

I don't have ZJ. I burned him at THE PLAYERS in the biggest pot of the year in hopes of cashing in big by going a little against the grain.

Having used Furyk in his runner-up at Quail Hollow, I narrowed my focus to Matt Kuchar and Jordan Spieth. When I consider Kuchar's current form / trend and that he was the 54-hole leader and eventual runner-up at Colonial last year, that was all I needed to see. Kuchar is my one-and-done.

From a strategic standpoint, it also works out very well. With probably half of my competition using ZJ this week, I need to put a worthy adversary up against him. I can't think of a better rival than Kuchar.

Several other items of business:

  • Check out Rotoworld.com for my Yahoo! and Golf Channel lineups, and I will return tomorrow to solidify Yahoo! starters for round one.
  • Thanks to all of you for the feedback via comment, tweet, and email as to power ranking format preferences. It seems like the format yesterday was a big hit, so we'll try and keep it up. There were also a few comments that asked for a ranking, and I will probably evolve to end that post with a top 10, 12 or 15 names to add some closer to the players listed above. 
We'll be back tomorrow. Until then, best of luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment