I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

HP Byron Nelson Championship - One and Done

When considering the one-and-done options for the HP Byron Nelson Championship, I find myself torn in several directions. For some perspective, I currently rank fourth in a league of over 40 players and am safely inside the money (for now).

Typically, that's a recipe for staying chalky and collecting as many top 10s as possible, while others hopefully reach and make mistakes. I have Matt Kuchar and Keegan Bradley available, and both are tempting for that reason.

I also really like Martin Kaymer this week, and would absolutely have gone with him if he had tied for 7th last week instead of won.

There's a big part of me that wants to roll the dice with a Paul Casey, Justin Hicks (yeah, really) or Brooks Koepka. But....that's usually a move reserved for someone needing to make a move; not maintain.

So what do I do?

I'm taking Kaymer. Some may remember, he backed up his only other PGA TOUR win (specifically, the 2010 PGA Championship) with back-to-back wins on the European Tour. Granted, none of those wins were in back-to-back calendar weeks. The other reason is that the HP Byron Nelson was his best finish in a 2013 PGA TOUR event.

Best of luck this week!

We will return tomorrow with a look at the Yahoo! format.

No comments:

Post a Comment