I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

THE PLAYERS Championship- One-and-done

It's fantasy time for THE PLAYERS Championship, and we've been on a roll of late. Here's hoping we can keep the streak going in an event with the biggest purse of the year.

Check out Glass' weekly article at Rotoworld for the Golf Channel and Yahoo! picks of myself and all of the Rotoworld staffers. My Spring Segment Yahoo! totals have me in 13th place and the season total is 19th, so there's nowhere to go but down I suppose.

As for the one-and-done, there are certain weeks where you get someone stuck in your head for a long time and you just can't talk yourself out of it. That was the case with Bubba at the Masters and it worked out beautifully. There are plenty of weeks where it doesn't work out. That said, I would have been irate with myself if I didn't take Bubba at the Masters when he won.

Same goes for this week.

While it's prudent to hold off on Zach Johnson until Colonial in a few weeks, I'm in love with him at TPC Sawgrass this week. His T14 at Quail Hollow last week sealed the deal, but his stats fit well and his course history is very good. Considering this is the biggest purse of the year, I can't talk myself out of him.

My other viable options included Matt Kuchar, Henrik Stenson and J.B. Holmes (no, I'm not kidding and yes, I know he won last week). I've burned many of the other favorites like Luke Donald, Sergio Garcia, Adam Scott, etc.

So, here's hoping Zach attack lights it up at Sawgrass while everyone else is waiting him out for Colonial in a couple of weeks!

We will return with Yahoo! starters tomorrow. Until then, best of luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment