I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Travelers Championship - One-and-done

I'll start by saying that if you have Bubba Watson available in your one-and-done, the Travelers Championship is the place to burn him unless you are thinking outside of the box and trying to make a move. I do not have Bubba, as I used him at the Masters and am quite fine with that.

With that out of the way, here's how the cookie crumbled. One of the best things about this time of the year is that sometimes an obvious choice emerges due to a lack of options. This proved to be one of those weeks, as Charley Hoffman slotted in the third spot on my Power Ranking with the first two (Watson and Matt Kuchar) already burned. Without stepping out on a limb and/or dropping well down my ranking, Hoffman was the easy choice.

Hoffman has top 10s in his last two trips to TPC River Highlands, including a T2 in 2012, and has displayed steady form all season. I glanced at Brooks Koepka, but since I currently sit in the money the risk wasn't worth the reward with a guy like Hoffman on the board. Ryan Moore also merited a look, and likely would have been the pick had Hoffman not have fallen in line

As always, check out Rotoworld.com for my Yahoo! and Golf Channel picks in the Playing the Tips feature, and we will be back tomorrow with the Yahoo! first-round starters.

Best of luck to all!

1 comment:

  1. BANG!
    http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/gol/47494/393/our-picks-travelers

    ReplyDelete