I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

U.S. Open - Fantasy

With hours to go until the season's second major is underway at Pinehurst No. 2, we will put the finishing touches on our lineups and get ready to sit back and watch the show.

In the Yahoo! lineup it looks like the AM wave will have the better draw, with thunderstorms overnight potentially softening the greens. They should also have clear sailing with the weather, but the afternoon wave could face a start-and-stop scenario with afternoon thunderstorms popping up as they tend to do across the South this time of year.

The only AM wave tee time I'm holstering is Rory McIlroy. I'm a little low on starts for Rory and want to make sure he is worth the burn before investing later in the week / weekend.

Starters are Mickelson (A-List / AM), Webb Simpson (B-List / AM), Steve Stricker (B-List, PM) and Sergio Garcia (C-List, AM). The bench will be Adam Scott, Rory McIlroy, Bill Haas and Charl Schwartzel.

It's worth pointing out that Sergio Garcia is not 100% following his W/D from the BMW PGA Championship with a knee injury. In fact, I seriously considered pulling  him out of my lineup. Paul Casey and John Senden were my next two looks, but both have PM tee times along with Schwartzel. I ultimately decided to leave it alone and hope for the best.

Best of luck to all this week!

1 comment:

  1. I played this one safe Sergio would not make my list because of the knee and low on starts left for Scott + Mcilroy. My train of thought is the next 13 weeks left keep'em in reserve after everybody has spent them. So you and I both do pretty much the same weeding out players as each course is different. My final choice maker was to use GIR 175-200 yds + distance from pin. So this seems to be working this week. (Bubba is the exception we'll see if he gets me points tomorrow.....fingers crossed)
    MY LEADER BOARD
    MCDOWELL, Graeme
    CASEY, Paul
    STENSON, Henrik
    BRADLEY, Keegan
    SIMPSON, Webb
    KIRK, Chris
    HAAS, Bill
    WATSON, Bubba

    All morning starts Today + Tomorrow

    ReplyDelete