I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

RBC Canadian Open - Fantasy

Getting back on track with our RBC Canadian Open coverage, we will lock in our One-and-Done pick and set the starters for the Yahoo! lineup.

Starting with the OAD, I’m a big believer in nabbing one of the elite options this week if you have one available. Brandt Snedeker (and Hunter Mahan) proved that to be a correct theory last season. Since the course rotates and we know very little about course fit for the players this year, I like the NFL Draft analogy of taking the “best available player” and hoping that it works out.

In doing so, I went straight down my power ranking to pick a OAD. I did not have Jim Furyk or Dustin Johnson available, but I was quite happy to see that I had holstered Graeme McDowell up until now. I am plugging him in with confidence and hoping for the best. If I didn't have GMAc laying around, I would have needed to go all the way down to Hunter Mahan in ninth or Jerry Kelly in 10th to find a pick, which would not have thrilled me.

As for the Yahoo!, my first-round starters are predicated a bit on remaining starts. Again, due to the weak field, I didn't feel like guys like Dustin Johnson and Matt Kuchar could afford to be left off the roster (bonus points). That said, I don’t want to burn my ninth DJ or seventh Kuchar start this week unless I really need to.

Weather looks fairly calm across the board on Thursday, so I’m ignoring tee times and playing the best available player while taking into account starts. That leaves me with Brandt Snedeker, Jerry Kelly, Jim Furyk and Graeme McDowell starting with Kuchar, DJ, Graham DeLaet and Charl Schwartzel on the bench. Really the only tough call was who to start between GMac and Schwartzel.

As always, I’ll update future lineup changes on Twitter.

The O v. Glass challenge took a bad turn in jolly old England, with Glass winning thanks to Rory McIlroy’s efforts. He evened the score 1-1.

My lineup of Snedeker, Kuchar, Furyk, Kelly, DJ, GDL, GMac and Schwartzel will take on his squad of Kuchar, Snedeker, DJ, Furyk, Kelly, David Hearn,  GMac and Schwartel. So essentially we have DeLaet and Hearn going head-to-head. I’ll update the status of that on Twitter as well.


Best of luck to all this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment