I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Greenbrier Classic - One-and-done

The Greenbrier one-and-done offers several strong options depending on your situation. For starters, if you have Jimmy Walker available, please play him now. There is not a better place for which to save him, and his three top-four finishes in four starts here and back-to-back top 10s entering this event are impossible to pass up.

With that out of the way, here's plan B. (I need plan B for having burned Walker in his Pebble Beach win). 

After Walker, there are two players in the next tier for this tournament. They are Brendon Todd and Kevin Na. I have both available. Todd seems to rate a little higher than Na in stats, while Na offers a little better course history. Both have excellent current form. Both of these players have played all of their rounds on The Old White TPC at par or better. 

With Todd, I'm torn about wanting to cash in on his hot run while not wanting to jump on the bandwagon too late. There aren't any yellow flags associate with Na. 

Ultimately, I've decided to go with Todd as my OAD and hope I haven't invested too late. As a side note, I do have Na as a hedge in another game I don't blog about, so I do feel very strongly about him as well. 

If you still have a Bill Haas start, he's worth a look. 

If you are looking to make a move, perhaps consider Ben Martin or Daniel Summerhays. 

We will return tomorrow with the Yahoo! starting lineup. My eight-man Yahoo team, as well as my Golf Channel lineup, will be up on Rotoworld in Playing the Tips at some point tonight. Until then, best of luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment