I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

WGC-Bridgestone Championship - One-and-Done

Before I dive into the WGC-Bridgestone and Barracuda Championship one-and-done picks, I need to first address the topic of research for the Barracuda Championship. While it was my intention to post a Preview and Power Ranking for the Barracuda Championship, it just didn't happen due to my schedule. I encourage all of you to check out Rob Bolton's work on PGATOUR.com and Mike Glasscott's on Rotoworld.com. I know for a fact that both Rob and Glass have put in way more time than I have in regards to that tournament and I'm leaning on their research for my one-and-done this week.

On to the business at hand.

As can be the case this time of year, some of my better options for the WGC-Bridgestone have already been burned. In fact, a quick count revealed that my top 10 are all off the table. Eleventh in the Power Ranking is Angel Cabrera and 12th is Tiger Woods. Both are available.

Cabrera's form and the fact that he has three top-four finishes at Firestone CC are enough for me to pull the trigger.

For the Barracuda Championship, which uses the Modified Stableford scoring system BTW, I'm a big fan of finding a guy who is hot and can roll off some birdies and hopefully an eagle or two. Michael Putnam checks that box for me. He's making tons of cuts and enters off a career-best T4 last week in Canada. Done.

We will return tomorrow with the Yahoo! starters and any final notes.

Best of luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment