I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Deutsche Bank Championship - Fantasy

With hours to go before the second leg of the FedExCup Playoffs is underway at the Deutsche Bank Championship, it's time to put the finishing touches on our Yahoo! lineup.

As published at Rotoworld.com on Tuesday in Playing the Tips, my A-list consisted of Adam Scott and Matt Kuchar. That was before the tragic news regarding the death of Kuchar's caddie's wife. I've fielded several questions in regards to Kuchar since then, and my thoughts are that he will be top 10 or bust. He will come out and try to play inspired for his man, but if he is too distracted it could turn into one of his more forgettable performances.

That said, pairing Kuchar with Scott is pretty safe in the sense that Scott won't miss the cut. I'm leaning AM tee times when it makes sense, so that means Scott starts and Kuchar is on the bench as we watch to see how he responds to the tragedy.

B-List - All of my players have AM tee times, which I normally will not allow to happen. I'm starting Hunter Mahan and Jason Day, with Jordan Spieth and Rory McIlroy on the bench. I'm down to my last Rory start and want to make sure he doesn't lay an egg in the first round at TPC Boston like he did last week.

C-List - Charl Schwartzel starting with John Senden on the bench.

In the O v. Glass, I narrowly eeked out a two-point victory last week to improve my record to 4-2. I win this week and I will close out Glass. We have four matches this week (Scott, Mahan, Day and Schwartzel), meaning I have Kuchar, Spieth, McIlroy and Senden going up against his crew of Patrick Reed, Keegan Bradley, Graham DeLaet and Jimmy Walker.

I will update future lineup changes and the O v. Glass on Twitter as the tournament plays out.

Best of luck to all!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the information you provide week after week. Where did Andres Romero factor in your rankings? Any thoughts on recent form + course history? Regards.

    ReplyDelete