I can also be found at Rotoworld.com and on Twitter @RyanGolfBlogger.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Barclays - One-and-Done / Fantasy

With The Barclays ready to kick off, it's time to finalize our one-and-done and list the starters in the Yahoo! format.

To be frank, my OAD options are extremely limited. This week, my attention narrowed to Hunter Mahan and Paul Casey. (I've essentially saved Jordan Spieth for East Lake.)

Mahan represents the better current form, with a T15-T7 run at the WGC-Bridgestone and PGA Championship, but has finished a very modest T31 in both of his trips to Ridgewood CC.

Casey has decent form, coming off a T18 at the Wyndham, but has solid course history at Ridgewood CC. He owns a T7 in 2008 and a T12 in 2010. 

I've decided to roll with Casey. Mahan allows me some flexibility over the next three weeks, so I'll keep that option open.

As for the Yahoo!, I've put two players in my lineup this week (Jim Furyk and Rory McIlroy) that are down to their last start. While I prefer AM tee time for Thursday when possible, I'm much more about managing starts. 

Starters are Adam Scott (A), Justin Rose (B), Bill Haas (B), Charl Schwartzel (C), with Henrik Stenson (A), Jim Furyk (B), Rory McIlroy (B) and Sergio Garcia (C) on the bench.

As for the O v. Glass Challenge, I maintain a 3-2 advantage with four weeks (including this one) to play. Unlike last week, where we matched all eight picks, we have numerous difference this week. I essentially have Adam Scott, Jim Furyk, Rory McIlroy and Charl Schwartzel against Glass' Matt Kuchar, Hunter Mahan, Keegan Bradley and Nick Watney. Should be a fun week.

Best of luck to all this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment