For your patience, rather than a top 12 we doubled it to include 24 this week. One reminder, Ridgewood CC has only hosted The Barclays twice (2008 & 2010). When I refer specifically to results in those years; that's why.
Here we go:
- Rory McIlroy - Next.
- Adam Scott - Though he is 15th in the FedExCup standings, he is a top-10 machine any time he tees it up. Tied for ninth at Ridgewood CC in 2010.
- Jim Furyk - Continues to scare the top of leaderboards across the PGA TOUR on an almost weekly basis. Tied for 12th at Ridgewood in 2008 and DNP in 2010.
- Sergio Garcia - It seems there is a developing theme in the Power Rankings of the last few big tournaments. Garcia, and the names above him are always near the top of the list and for good reason. Oh, and Sergio tied for second at Ridgewood CC in 2008.
- Henrik Stenson - The trend is looking up. Has gone T39, T19 and T3 in his last three starts. Though he's never played Ridgewood CC, this was the time last year when he got hot and stayed hot.
- Rickie Fowler - Finished inside the top three in three of his last four starts. The other...a T8. He's a solid play anywhere, regardless of course history, until he proves otherwise.
- Matt Kuchar - While Adam Scott is technically the defending champion, Kuchar won the last Barclays played at Ridgewood CC in 2010. Forced to WD from the PGA Championship with back pain, but has declared himself 100% for this week.
- Phil Mickelson - Finally broke through with his first top 10 of 2014 on the PGA TOUR with a runner-up at the PGA Championship, and there is little reason why he couldn't be a legitimate threat this week. Mixed bag, with a T19 and MC in two trips to Ridgewood.
- Justin Rose - Borderline-elite player in above-average form. He tied for 15th at Ridgewood in 2010, so the course doesn't scare him.
- Charl Schwartzel - Finding form of late, with a T43-T4-T15 in his last three starts. Ranks fifth in Par Breakers, so it stands to reason that he can make enough birdies to contend.
- Hunter Mahan - Largely irrelevant the last few months until a T15-T7 run at the WGC-Bridgestone and PGA Championship. Considered to be on the short list for a Ryder Cup pick, so there is plenty of motivation, if not pressure, to nab another top 10 this week.
- Kevin Streelman - Form is horrible, but he has a T3 and a T4 in his first two trips to Ridgewood CC. Go figure.
- Webb Simpson
- Paul Casey
- Brandt Snedeker
- Keegan Bradley
- Nick Watney
- Lee Westwood
- Jason Day
- Bill Haas
- Ryan Palmer
- Jimmy Walker
- Bubba Watson
- Graham DeLaet
We will return tomorrow with our one-and-done selection and the Yahoo! starters. Best of luck to all!